took me long enough….
tried a new approach this time around- i like cutting out and building stuff :]
started out with a flat sketch.. by the time i had figured out all the layers and overlapping parts it was mighty confusing, but i figured it apart onto separate layers of layout bond and then used my bookarts prowess and made a little cut-out diorama (similar to how i would construct a carousel book). i used a shoebox and everything! the photo above was a test shot… obviously this technique will require some further tweaking in future projects…
my one major disappointment was that once i started to add the flat colors it lost a lot of the really cool 3D effect from the layers and photography
but i think the final made a lovely comeback, and i totally love it! again, i’m going to be doing some major tweaking and experimentation with my next project- i don’t like the wobbly lines (a product of the paper buckling when i tried to avoid having to actually crease it…)
so we’ll see where this goes- maybe i should just make a whole book next time! (that might be a lot bit of a project for me right now- being all rusty as i am- but we’ll see)
thanks for looking!! i promise to update again soon (i actually have to now or april will kick my ass!)